Competition is CLOSED
Closing date 30 November!
Enter our exciting photography competition
Volunteers in Action
1st prize: The amazing Sony NEX-C3KB, 18-55mm
Closing date: 30 November 2011
Read and download the rules and see how to enter
1. Theme: Merton Volunteers in Action
2. Who can enter: Open to amateur photographers of all ages, including photography students. Entries must be pictures of volunteering taking place in The London Borough of Merton though entrants may come from outside the borough
3. How to enter: One colour or black and white digital picture, maximum file size: 5MB or a print, maximum size: A4, minimum size: 6×4 emailed, posted or delivered to:
Volunteer Centre UK
The file name for digital pictures must include the name of the entrant and phone number plus a short caption; example: “My Name – 020-8888-1234 – Volunteers help at lunch club” (without this we will be unable to identify you as the entrant). The covering email must include the full name, address, telephone number – and age if under 18 – of the entrant in the subject line: example: “My Name – My address – 020-8888-1234 – age if under 18” and confirmation that you agree to the rules in the body of the email. Prints must have all this information on the back (please write in pencil to avoid damage to the print).
Entrants under 18 must have the permission of a parent or guardian. Subjects as partners in the picture must give their permission and be made aware of the rules governing the competition and our rights to use entered pictures for publicity, exhibition, internet and other media. Where subjects are under 18 a parent or guardian must give their permission. Entrants are deemed to have obtained these permissions.
4. The start date: This competition opens on the 1st September 2011 and entries must be pictures taken at any time after 1 January 2011
5. The closing date: 30th November 2011
- 1st Sony NEX-C3KB, 18-55mm lens, black digital camera. Generously donated by Sony Centre, Wimbledon
- 2nd Canon SELPHY ES40 Printer. Generously donated by Centre Court Shopping Centre, Wimbledon
- 3rd Motorola MF700 7” Digital Photo Frame. Also, generously donated by Centre Court Shopping Centre, Wimbledon
7. Restriction on the number of entries: One entry per person.
8. How and when winners will be notified, and when they will receive their prizes: Judging will take place during December 2011 and winners will be notified in the Wimbledon Guardian, on VCM’s website and/or by email and/or ‘phone by 31st December 2011. Prizes will be awarded at a prize giving ceremony on a date in January 2012 to be notified. We retain the right to change these dates.
9. The criteria for judging: Entries will be judged to be the most interesting, creative and engaging images portraying ‘Merton Volunteers in Action’ (pictures of volunteers at work in the London Borough of Merton). The judges’ decision will be final.
10. Copyright: Entrants must own the copyright of their images. Copyright of the submitted images will be retained by entrants who, by virtue of their entry, provide full and unconditional rights to Volunteer Centre Merton and its partners to use entries in any legal form and without charge for publicity, display, internet, email but not limited to these, with or without credit to the originator and any subjects in the picture.
1st prize: The amazing Sony NEX-C3KB, 18-55mm interchangeable lens, black digital camera kindly sponsored by Sony Centre Wimbledon
2nd prize: Canon SELPHY ES40 Printer kindly sponsored by Centre Court Shopping Centre, Wimbledon
3rd prize: Motorola MF700 7” Digital Photo Frame kindly sponsored by Centre Court Shopping Centre, Wimbledon